Wednesday, February 14, 2018

A memory of friendship across languages-POEM

I got this message from a friend i made on a trip to Sarajevo, JinWoo.
hope you readers like poetry a little bit.

I have been collecting this poem into several
languages.  
The important point for me was the meaning which
reflects my own views on the theme of friendship.

That was JinWoo answer:
The poem was really nice. I've translated in to Korean for you.
I hope you like it. 



나는 착하고 강한 친구를 알아요. 그녀는 세상에서 가장 좋은 친구에요.


나는 또 다른 섬세하고 감성적인 친구를 알아요. 그는 확실히 지구상에서 가장 좋은 친구에요
나는 또 다른 조용하고 매력적인 친구를 알아요. 그 같이 좋은 친구는 없어요.
나는 또 다른 수수께끼같고 신비한 친구를 알아요. 그녀는 모든 것 중에 최고에요.
나는 또 다른 현명하고 열정적인 친구를 알아요. 그녀는 다른 애들 중에 최고에요.
나는 또 다른 젊고 빠른 친구를 알아요. 그는 모두에게 사랑 받아요.


나는 더 많은 사람을 알고 그들은 하나같이 다 똑같아요.




Friends: a list  (by G.K. Chesterton -adapted)
 
I know a friend, very strong and good. 
      She is the best friend in the world.
I know another friend, subtle and sensitive. 
      He is certainly the best friend on earth.
I know another friend: very quiet and charming; 
      there is no friend as good as he.
I know another friend, who is enigmatical and secretive; 
      she is the best of all.
I know yet another: who is sensible and enthusiastic; 
       she is much better than the rest.
I know another, who is young and very quick: 
       the most beloved of all friends.
I know a lot more and they are all like that.


Conozco una amiga que es muy fuerte y buena. Ella es la mejor amiga en el mundo.
    Conozco otro amigo, bueno, bueno. De verdad que es el mejor amigo en la tierra..
    Y otro amigo que conozco es muy tranquilo. No hay otro amigo tan bueno como él.
    Conozco otra que es enigmática y llena de secretos. Ella sí que es la mejor de todos.
    Todavía conozco otra que es verdaderamente simpática. Ella es mucho mejor que el resto.
    Y conozco otro que es joven y muy activo. Es el más amado de todos los amigos.
Claro que también conozco a muchos más y todos son igual que éstos.

No comments:

Post a Comment